This post contains affiliate links.
If you enjoy listening to records, then you likely appreciate vinyl records and the authentic, beautiful sound they produce. And if you’re in the market to purchase a record player, it is worthwhile to consider a vertical vinyl record player.
The best vertical vinyl record players are:
- Pro-Ject VT-E-R Record Player
- Floating Record Vertical Turntable
- Easygoproducts Vertical Bluetooth Turntable
- Fuse REC Vertical Vinyl Record Player
- Pyle Bluetooth Vertical Record Player
- TECHNICS SL-V5
- Sony PS F-5
In this article, I will cover the features for each of these vertical vinyl record players in-depth, weighing the pros against the cons and considering the specifications. I will also explain what to look for in a vertical player to help you find the best one for you.
The Pro-Ject VT-E-R Record Player can be purchased on Amazon.com. This sleek, modern record player can be placed on a flat surface or wall-mounted to want to save space. It is made with high quality, state-of-the-art materials that allow it to offer excellent sound quality.
Here is what you get with the Pro-Ject VT-E-R Record Player:
- Precision belt drive. The belt drive on this vinyl record player has an advanced design made to reduce the amount of vibration and audio distortion.
- 8.6″ aluminum tonearm. This feature allows the player to pick up pure sound from the record and filter out any other external noises, such as the sound of the needle on the record.
- Made with plastic in a back matte style.
Some of the outstanding features of this option include:
- Design and aesthetics. This record player is made with high-quality materials, which ensures its longevity. Plus, it is available in three different colors; black, red and white. It can be placed freestanding on a flat surface or mounted onto a wall to save space.
- Sound quality. Thanks to the tonearm and precision belt drive, this record player offers excellent audio.
- Easy to use with a comprehensive user guide is included.
The main drawback of this record player is that it is made with plastic, and this design may not suit some old-fashioned rooms and decor.
The Pro-Ject VT-E-R Record Player is an excellent option at a cost-effective price as it has excellent sound. It can easily be mounted onto a wall, so it doesn’t take up too much space. However, the design may not suit all interior environments.
Made by Vertical Grooves, the Floating Record Vertical Turntable is available to purchase on VerticalGrooves.com. This is an elegant record player that offers great sound and acoustics. Notably, it is hand-assembled and can support a variety of different record types.
Here are the specs for the Floating Record Vertical Turntable:
- Has two built-in 2″ speakers.
- Has vibration dampening feet, which keeps it stable even while playing deep bass or an upbeat tempo.
- Compatible with international voltage capabilities.
- Has a built-in headphone jack.
- A 2x15W Stereo Audio Amplifier for enhanced sound quality
- Capable of switching between 33 ½ and 45 RPM, allowing you to use different vinyl records.
Some highlights of this unique turntable are:
- Aesthetics and design. Made with a walnut or maple wood base and MDF, this record player is minimalistic and elegant in every room.
- Sound quality. This record player offers excellent sound quality and volume range.
The downsides of this choice include:
- Can’t be mounted on the wall. This means you’ll need to find enough space on a flat surface to hold your record player.
- Has limited additional features. While this can support different sizes of records, it doesn’t have many of the additional capabilities that other modern record players have, like Bluetooth connectivity, the ability to play CDs, or a radio.
The Floating Record Vertical Turntable record player is an excellent option if you purely want to play vinyl records and have a few different record sizes you need to play. Overall, it is moderately priced and will make a beautiful addition to any room.
This is a three-speed record player that offers excellent value for money, particularly because it has plenty of additional features. As it can be mounted on a wall and displayed on a table, it is versatile and will suit a range of environments. You can purchase this record player on Amazon.com.
Some alluring specs of the Easygoproducts Vertical Bluetooth Turntable include:
- Triple built-in stereo speakers, which allows it to produce different sound quality.
- Can be connected to external speakers using right and left jacks to elevate the sound it produces.
- Has a magnetic record holder.
- Allows you to play records at three different speeds.
Notable standouts of this vertical record player are:
- Design and build. This record player is built with high-quality materials, assuring longevity. It can be mounted on a wall with a bracket or placed on a shelf or table by standing it on built-in feet. It also has a built-in magnetic holder to store your records without them getting damaged.
- Extra features. This record player has Bluetooth functionality which allows you to connect it to your phone, computer, and other devices to play music from. It also has aux cables which also allow you to connect to devices.
- Satisfaction guarantee. Easy products offer you a full refund within 30 days if you are unsatisfied with the record player for whatever reason. Thanks to this guarantee, you can test it out before deciding to keep it.
While the player has an excellent sound quality for high frequencies, some users have noted that it can distort frequencies lower than 300Hz. This may limit the type of records you can play on the record player.
In addition, this record player can only receive Bluetooth connections and not transmit them. Therefore, if you want to play your records on a phone or laptop, you’ll need to use a different device.
Consider getting the Easygoproducts Vertical Bluetooth Turntable if you are looking for a record player that you can mount and store your records in. However, it would be best to consider the frequency you want your record to play before buying this record player.
This is another elegant vertical vinyl record player made with handcrafted ash wood. As well as being able to play vinyl records, it has several additional features, including Bluetooth connectivity. You can purchase this record player on Amazon.com.
Here’s what makes the Fuse REC Vertical Vinyl Record player great:
- Has full-range 3″ stereo speakers that offer excellent sound quality.
- Equipped with an Audio Technica AT3600L cartridge which produces excellent bass and sound quality.
- Can run at 33 1/3 or45 RPM.
- Can be connected to Bluetooth, has a built-in, and connects to external speakers.
Some positive aspects about this player are:
- Aesthetic and design. This is an elegant record player made with the ash tree wood. It has a simple interface.
- Additional features. This record player has several additional features, making it excellent value for money. It has Bluetooth, USB ports, and the ability to dial into the radio. It can also function as an alarm clock.
- Sound quality. Thanks to the speakers and the needle, this record player offers clean and high-quality sound.
The main downsides of this player include:
- After multiple uses, this record player may start dragging sound. However, the company may offer a replacement if this happens.
- Complexity. Users have noted that changing the modes on this record player can be complicated; the Mode button requires connecting to Bluetooth before toggling between modes.
The Fuse REC Vertical Vinyl Record is a pocket-friendly choice that offers a range of different features. However, it should be noted that this record player may not last as long as other models. It’s a good option if you are looking for an entry-level record player to test using vinyl records.
This is a vintage-style record player which blends traditional design with modern features. As well as vinyl records, it can play mp3 records and read audio files from USBs. This versatility makes it an excellent purchase.
The specs for the Pyle Bluetooth Vertical Record Player include:
- Dual built-in stereo speakers.
- Can function at three speeds; 33 ⅓, 45, and 78 RPM.
- Has a ceramic stereo cartridge.
- Has a belt-drive turntable system.
Reasons to purchase this player include:
- Additional features. This record player has several additional features, including the ability to receive and stream Bluetooth from 30 feet (9.1 m) away. It also has a USB flash drive reader, supporting a 32 GB Flash drive.
- Build and Design. This player resembles a vintage piece with a sturdy wooden base, making it a beautiful addition to any room.
- Range of controls. This player has a range of different controls that allow you to manipulate the sound and speed of the audio.
- Warranty. Pyle offers a one-year warranty on this product, allowing you to exchange it if you face any problems.
While this record player offers excellent sound when playing vinyl, some users note that the Bluetooth sound is a little distorted. In addition, it can only act as a Bluetooth receiver and not a transmitter.
Choose the Pyle Bluetooth Vertical Record Player if you want to play vinyl on a device with modern features but old-world charm. It is available to purchase from Pyle Audio.
6. TECHNICS SL-V5
This is a vintage vinyl record player that isn’t being produced anymore. However, you can buy it online and at some record stores. Indeed, it is a great vertical vinyl record player which produces excellent sound.
Here’s what makes the TECHNICS SL-V5 a good choice:
- Equipped with a brushless dc motor.
- Can run at two speeds; 33 and 45 rates per minute with both auto and manual speed selections.
- Fully automatic and can autorun, auto-stop, and automatically select the size of the record.
- Has a tonearm with a 12-hertz resonance frequency to provide clear sound.
Some of the favored characteristics of this player include:
- Aesthetics. The Technics SL-V5 can add character and visual appeal to any space as a vintage model. While it cannot be mounted on a wall, it looks striking when placed atop a flat surface.
- Linear tracking model. Because this record player has linear tracking, it doesn’t have issues like anti-skating.
- Automatic features. This model can automatically select and play the size of the records lined up, which requires only minimum engagement.
- Made of metal. This model is made with high-quality metal, which ensures its longevity.
Some notable downsides of this model are:
- No longer under warranty. Since this model is no longer in production, finding parts and repairing any malfunctions can be both time-consuming and expensive.
- You may need to upgrade particular parts of this model like the cartridge to ensure it runs smoothly.
- Doesn’t have any additional features.
The Technics SL V-5 is an excellent vintage record player to consider. However, you should buy it only if you have a technical understanding of record players and are prepared to upgrade it if necessary.
You can find the Technics SL V05 for sale online or at record shops and vintage stores.
7. Sony PS F-5
The Sony PS F-5 is another excellent model that’s no longer in production but still available to purchase second hand. It was initially in production in 1983 and is one of the best older record players you can buy.
Here are some of the best features of the Sony PS F-5:
- Flexible. The Song PS F-5 can play both 7 and 12″ and 33 and 45 RPM records.
- Portable. This record player is both small and light, making it easily portable. It is powered by AA batteries, allowing it to be used in spaces with no power accessible.
- Made with high-quality materials. This model is made with quartz and is painted with pearlescent paint, which has assured its longevity.
- Sound quality. Users are impressed by the continuing sound quality that the Sony PS F-5 offers.
If you consider getting the Sony PS F-5, you should note it can be expensive to upgrade. If you buy a secondhand model, you may have to upgrade some of the parts, which may be more expensive than if you get a model which is still in production/
Consider buying the PS F-5 if you are looking for a portable record player with excellent sound quality. Look to purchase the PS F-5 online.
Reasons To Choose a Vertical Vinyl Record Player
While vertical vinyl record players don’t have different sound quality and acoustics compared to the more traditional horizontal ones, there are some reasons you may choose a vertical record player:
- Aesthetically pleasing. Vertical record players make the records look like they are floating in the air offering exciting visuals. They can also make a great design focal point in any room.
- Easy to use. Vertical vinyl players are easy to use – similar to horizontal players, you have to slip in the records and select the right mode to play them.
- Takes up less space. Some vertical vinyl players can be wall-mounted, so they take up less space than traditional ones.
It should be noted that there are fewer vertical vinyl players on the market than horizontal record players. Because of this, it can be hard to identify the best vertical record players that support vinyl. It’s important to do your research before making your final decision.
Finding the Best Vertical Vinyl Record Player for You
When choosing a vertical vinyl record player, here are the factors you should consider:
- Sound quality and volume capacity
- Display capabilities
- Design and visual appeal
- Extra features
Each of these factors is explored in further detail below to help you choose the best vertical vinyl record players.
As you will be using your vertical record player to play and enjoy vinyl records, sound quality is one of the most important factors to consider. Look for record players with a low tendency to warp sound and create distortion. Instead, the record player should play clear sound. It should also have a decent volume range.
To judge the sound quality, you can look at the record player’s specifications. However, it would be best to test the sound of the record player before buying it.
Vertical vinyl record players will have different display options. While some may be built to sit on a flat surface, others can be mounted onto walls. When choosing the best record player for you, consider the space you have available.
Design and Visual Appeal
When selecting a record player, you should look for one made with high-quality materials to ensure its longevity. Naturally, you’ll also want to choose a record player suited to your design aesthetics. Some vinyl record players have a sleek, modern look, while others are vintage in style.
Modern vinyl record players can do much more than play records. Look for record players that have additional features like playing a CD, connecting to Bluetooth, and connecting to tune in to the radio. These additional features ensure that you are getting the best value for money.
Classic Vinyl Albums to Purchase
If you’ve chosen a vertical vinyl record player, your next focus may be building your vinyl record collection. Here are some of the most classic vinyl albums and records you should try tracking down, especially if you’re starting your collection. While these are no longer in production in vinyl, they can be purchased at record and vintage stores.
Some classic vinyl albums and records are:
- Pink Floyd – The Dark Side of the Room. This album offers a depth of sound and range of instruments that make listening to a record player an almost transcendent experience. This was popular when released in 1979, and it can easily be tracked down for purchase.
- The Beatles – Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band. This is a highly coveted album by The Beatles. As well as offering a range of acoustics, it features songs that reflect history and popular culture.
- Bruce Springsteen – Born to Run. This song features various guitar tracks, assuring you a beautiful sound on your vertical record player. This record can be a little challenging to track down, but you may be able to find it in vinyl online.
- Joy Division – Unknown Pleasures (1979). This is an album known for its atmospheric sound. IT was Joy Division’s debut album featuring various vocals and guitar melodies.
- Simone and Garfunkel – Bridge Over Troubled Water. This folk-rock song is a true classic which features seminal vocals and instrumentals. The vinyl for his can be found in vintage stores and online.
VacationVinyl.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. We also participate in other affiliate programs which compensate us for referring traffic.