This post contains affiliate links.
Are you a music lover who enjoys listening to music on vinyl records? If so, you’ll love wooden turntables. They bring the classic spin-the-disc experience back to life and are perfect for listening to music the old-fashioned way.
The best wooden turntable overall is the ION Audio Archives LP. It delivers excellent sound and reproduces music distortion-free without damaging your records. It also tends to be easy to use, with controls that are simple and clear to navigate.
Add a touch of class to your listening experience by investing in a wooden turntable. A wide range of options is available on the market, and with a little bit of work, you’ll find your perfect fit. In this article, I’ll take you through the best wooden turntables, as well as give you some tips on choosing the right one for your needs.
Table of Contents
Factors To Consider When Buying a Wooden Turntable
You might be wondering: “What makes an excellent wooden turntable?”. Well, many factors go into a quality player. To help you find the best wooden turntable for your needs, I’ve compiled a list of some of the most important factors when choosing one.
- Your budget. Selecting a turntable will be determined by your budget. While some cheaper options work fine, they might not last for long. If you’re looking for something that will last through years of use, you’re likely to pay more. It might be best to pick your budget so you know what to look for since prices range from around 80 to over 1000 dollars for a high-end model.
- Turntable tonearm. Turntable tonearms come in three types: automatic, semi-automatic, and manual.
- Design and aesthetics. You can have a stylish wooden turntable to match the style of your house. People often prefer wooden turntables because it makes their home look elegant and classy. A nicely designed turntable will give a room character and make it look more attractive.
- Availability of turntable accessories. When choosing your player, you should also consider accessories availability. For instance, it can be convenient to have spare parts such as an extra needle or vinyl cleaning sets, should the need arise.
- Sound quality. Investing in a quality product is worth it if you want to get the most out of your records. You don’t want to spend money on something that doesn’t produce excellent sound, especially if you’re using it regularly. Make sure your choice has enough wattage output to eliminate sound distortion or other issues with quality when playing back music.
- Devices connectivity, including Bluetooth, USB, Audio Inputs, and Outputs. These turntable features make it easy to enjoy your music in different ways. You can connect your turntable to external speakers, listen through headphones, or convert your records into digital audio files.
A wooden vinyl record player is one of the best ways to listen to music, with the added benefit of a beautiful aesthetic. There are many types of turntables and players out there, and choosing one can be tricky.
For instance, several turntables are advertised as wooden but are merely made of engineered wood, plastic, and wood veneer. Fortunately, I have a list of the best and most affordable solid wooden vinyl turntables to help narrow down your choices.
All these wooden turntables are available on Amazon, so go ahead and check them out.
Best Wooden Turntables
There’s something about an analog system’s rich, warm sound that digital devices just can’t replicate. For many people, this is the appeal of record players. Turntables may be old-fashioned, but they allow you to relive some of your old favorite memories. People long for that nostalgic feel that only comes from listening to their favorite tunes on a vinyl record.
Here’s my list of the top wooden turntables (available on Amazon.com) that stand out from the rest. Each has unique features that make it an excellent option for personal use.
Best Overall: ION Audio Archives LP
The ION Audio Archive LP is a machine that brings the analog experience of vinyl records and LPs into the modern digital age. With built-in speakers housed in an all-wooden base, this turntable also offers an aesthetic appeal to complement its functionality.
This all-in-one turntable and digital audio converter feature quality sound with built-in speakers and a diamond-tipped stylus for your best listening experience. This device supports playing 33 ⅓, 45, and 78 RPM records.
Alternatively, you can use the EZ Vinyl/Tape Converter software that converts tracks into MP3s. The software can easily convert your old vinyl records into digital files for you to enjoy on your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
You’ll love the ION Audio Archive LP if you’re a vinyl fan. This digital conversion turntable is suitable for people who want to enjoy their music the old-fashioned way. What’s more, it’s easy to use; just plug it in, and that’s all.
Archive LP’s natural wood finish adds a sense of class and natural beauty to any room. Plus, its simple solid design ensures durability and smooth play.
The ION Audio Archive LP is perfect for beginners in the vinyl world who are on a budget. It’s not highly priced, has a built-in speaker, and allows you to convert your old records into digital files. For a low price, this turntable offers excellent features.
- Not expensive, yet outstanding. The ION Audio Archive LP is perfect if you’re looking for well-priced, good equipment. An excellent choice for anyone who wants a low-entry player that looks stylish and has good sound.
- Built-in speakers. The built-in speakers of ION Audio Archive LP are suitable for playing music, although not the best. Even though the sound may be adequate for most people, you could as well invest in an external speaker system. The built-in stereo speakers are a nice feature that can be useful if you don’t want to mess with cords and devices. It’s convenient if you just want to listen to music without fuss.
- ION Audio Archive LP connects to a computer via USB to turn records into digital music files. You can convert your vinyl records via a USB port and hear them as digital audio files on your computer or any compatible device.
- Strong build. The turntable’s natural wood finish and sturdy build will ensure a smooth playback experience for years to come. The Ion Audio Archives LP is the perfect addition to any analog lover’s collection. Its natural wood finish and sturdy build will ensure durability.
- Simple controls. It’s as simple as putting the needle down on the record, adjusting the volume and you’re all set. In short, that’s all there’s to it. This turntable is a great option if you want an easy-to-use vinyl player. The controls are simple, making it easy to get what you need without fumbling around with buttons or switches.
- The Ion Audio Archives LP turntable has no dust cover. The most glaring downside is the absence of a dust cover. As a result, dust and dirt can accumulate on the platter, resulting in scratches.
- It lacks Bluetooth features. The Ion Audio Archives LP turntable does not have Bluetooth capabilities. This model does not have Bluetooth capabilities, and you’ll need to rely on audio cables for connections or pairing.
- No headphone jack. An inconvenience if you prefer using headphones while listening to your music.
Best Low-Cost: ION Audio Max LP
ION Audio Max LP boasts many features similar to the ION Audio Archives LP. This easy-to-use turntable connects to your computer and separates the tracks into individual files, so you can easily convert them to digital music files. Max LP is perfect for anyone who wants to easily and quickly enjoy their records without spending hours changing them to a digital format.
Like the ION Audio Archive LP, this model supports playing 33 ⅓, 45, and 78 RPM records.
With ION Audio Max LP, you’ll experience music from the in-built stereo speakers, just like the ION Archive LP. Connecting Max LP to your existing HIFI system is simple, thanks to its standard RCA and headphone outputs.
This turntable features a built-in USB port for easy conversion of your records to digital music files, a scratch-proof platter, and automatic tonearm adjustment.
- A decent-sounding low-budget model. A good choice if you want a low-entry turntable with good sound.
- It comes with built-in speakers. The sound output is good enough for you to enjoy your music.
- USB port. A USB port to digitize your vinyl records to MP3 files.
- Comes with standard RCA and dedicated headphone outputs. You can connect to external speakers and headphones.
- Dust cover. The ION Audio Max LP has a protective plastic cover to keep your player clean and dust-free.
- It lacks Bluetooth features. This turntable lacks Bluetooth capabilities, so you’ll need to connect via cables.
- Average sound output. The sound is okay for its price tag, but some audiophiles might complain about its quality.
To better understand the difference between these two similar turntables, below is a table comparing their features.
|ION Audio Max LP||IOP Audio Archive LP|
|Size||15”x16’x 4” ( 38.1×40.64×10.16 cm)||14”x16”x3.5” (35.56×40.64×8.89 cm)|
|Weight||7.7lbs ( 3.493 kg)||5.9lbs (2.67kg)|
|Turntable||3-speed manual belt-drive||3-speed manual belt drive|
|Converts to digital||Yes||Yes|
Most Versatile: Victrola 8-in-1 Bluetooth Record Player and Multimedia Center
Dust off your old vinyl collection and prepare for the Victrola 8-in-1 Bluetooth Record Player. With its 3-speed turntable, FM radio, CD, and cassette players to keep you entertained, this is the perfect addition to your home. Plus, you can use the Bluetooth function to stream music from your tablet or smartphone.
The built-in stereo speakers provide clear sound. You can also convert your vinyl records to MP3s with the included software. The Victrola 8-in-1 Bluetooth Record Player is the perfect way to enjoy your whole music collection.
Therefore, whether you’re into old-school country music or want to groove to your latest playlist, the Victrola 8-in-1 Record Player is sure to please.
- High-quality design. The classic retro real wood case, solid hinges, premium fabric grilles, and excellent sound showcase superior craftsmanship. The unit boasts a stunning vintage design with modern features, making it a great addition to any room.
- Built-in stereo speakers. The costume-tuned built-in speakers deliver crisp, clear sound.
- Record from vinyl to MP3. With the help of the included software, you will be able to convert high-quality audio from vinyl to MP3. You can also use the USB cable to transfer music files between your PC and turntable.
- Bluetooth connectivity. Bluetooth connectivity makes it possible to stream wirelessly from your smart device through the built-in stereo speakers.
- It’s expensive. Although the Victrola 8-in-1 Bluetooth Record Player is a bit pricey, it offers a wide range of features that are perfect for music lovers.
- Limited functions of the remote. As a result of its retro design, you can’t use the remote to power on/off the radio or tune it.
The following table better shows the features of the Victrola 8-in-1 Bluetooth Record Player.
|Turntable||3-speed manual belt drive|
|Weight||16.5lbs (7.53 kg)|
|Features||Turntable, CD player, Cassette player, FM Radio|
|Converts to digital||Yes|
Most Aesthetically Pleasing: 1 BY ONE Belt Driven Turntable
Are you looking for a stylish way to add a little fun to your home audio system? Then you’ll love the 1byone Wooden Turntable. This turntable is stylish and easy to use, and it also comes with a built-in stereo speaker that gives you high-quality sound. Whether you’re a music lover or just want a unique way to add some extra personality to your home, the 1byone Belt Driven Wooden Turntable is a good choice.
Are you looking to rediscover that lost art of vinyl listening? This is the perfect way to do so and make some new memories in the process.
The vinyl-to-MP3 recording transforms your favorite vinyl records and cassettes into MP3 files that you can play on any device.
You can choose from 3-speed settings, and the built-in stereo speakers deliver optimal sound quality for all your music needs. Whether you’re a classic rock, jazz, or blues fan, this is your kind of turntable.
- Vintage appearance. This turntable features a simple but stylish look. The solid natural wood looks give it a traditional appeal. This elegant turntable also features a solid natural wood frame that gives it a classic and timeless appearance. Plus, its simple design won’t take up much space on your shelves or in your room; it is perfect for any décor.
- Bluetooth connectivity. You can play music from all your compatible digital devices through the speakers.
- Vinyl-to-MP3 Recording. You can convert audio from your vinyl records into MP3 files for later playback on digital devices.
- Built-in Full Range Stereo Speakers. The turntable’s active 2-way stereo system provides enhanced sound and clarity across all music genres.
- Sound output. The music sounds great, even though there is not much bass. However, when you crank the volume all the way up, you might get some distortion.
|Turntable||3-speed manual belt drive|
|Size||16.5 x 13.6 x 4.9 inches (42×34.5×12.4cm)|
|Weight||12.8 lbs (5.8 kg)|
|Converts to digital||Yes|
Best High-End: U-Turn Audio – Orbit Special Turntable
For a high-end turntable that offers a listening experience like no other: the U-Turn Audio-Orbit Special Turntable is your perfect choice. This turntable features a flat-cut maple or rift walnut plinth from solid wood sourced in the US. The Ortofon 2M Red cartridge and an external belt drive let you enjoy clear and detailed playback free from Motor noise.
The precision OA2 gimbal tonearm ensures accurate tracking and low distortion for consistent sound quality. Whether you’re a vinyl lover or an audiophile, take your music listening experience to the next level.
Regarding sound quality, the award-winning Ortofon 2M Red cartridge deserves a special mention. This cartridge delivers an open and dynamic sound without coloring your music, letting you enjoy the fullest range of sound from your vinyl records. Plus, the Cue Lever makes it simple and easy to operate the tonearm to get the most out of every track.
- High-quality sound. This high-end turntable is equipped with the Ortofon 2M cartridge, designed to deliver an exceptionally dynamic sound. This turntable makes music come to life with clarity and depth, sure to excite your senses.
- Real wood construction. The turntable is made from natural solid hardwood, thereby ensuring durability.
- Low-Resonance acrylic platter. The acrylic platter provides smoother playback and better speed consistency.
- The tonearm. This OA2 gimbal tonearm enables precise tracking and minimal distortion.
- The external belt drive eliminates motor noise. U-Turn Audio-Orbit Special Turntable uses an external belt drive to eliminate motor noise, ensuring reliable performance. This unique feature ensures that the turntable runs smoothly and makes far less noise, making it a great choice for audiophiles looking for high-quality sound.
- The U-Turn Audio-Orbit Special Turntable is quite expensive. This unique turntable is made from high-quality materials and has several notable features that set it apart from other turntables on the market. From its design to its audiophile-grade sound, this turntable is sure to impress. However, it will set you back a pretty penny.
- Red cartridge standard. When ordering the turntable, you don’t get the option of choosing a different cartridge. You’ll have to upgrade to get the Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge.
- No automatic stop. When a record is over, the arm does not lift automatically. You have to raise the tonearm manually; this is a minor inconvenience, but most high-end turntables do not have auto-stop.
- Extra care for the external belt drive. The exposed external drive requires extra keenness in order to avoid damage.
|Turntable||2-speed external belt drive, fully manual|
|Weight||12.5lbs (5.67 kg)|
|Converts to digital||No|
Now that you have seen some of the best wooden turntables available in the market today, it’s time to make your choice. Let your decision be based on the relevant factors I explained at this article’s beginning. However, at the end of the day, remember that it’s all about your personal preferences.
Read on to learn about your best choice if you’re new to the vinyl world.
Best Wooden Turntable for You
There’s a world of turntables out there, and it can be hard to know where to start. Do you go for a cheap entry-level model or invest in a higher-end one? And what about all those different brands? In this segment, I’ll guide you through choosing the most suitable wooden turntable for yourself.
The Best Wooden Turntable for Beginners
There are a lot of factors to consider when choosing a turntable. But if you’re a beginner, the most important thing is to find a turntable that’s easy to use, produces good sound, and isn’t expensive.
The Audio Max LP should be your go-to choice if you’re just starting and want a good wooden turntable. This turntable is affordable and boasts many features, including a built-in speaker, pre amp, and a USB output. In case the in-built speakers are inadequate, you can connect external speakers.
The ION Audio Max LP is an easy-to-use turntable; that’s why I’ll recommend it for beginners. The controls are simple, making it easy to get what you need without fiddling with switches or buttons. All you have to do is set the needle down on the record, set your volume, and you’re ready to go.
How about if you’re looking to upgrade or if you need something a little bit more high-end? Keep reading to find out.
The Best High-End Wooden Turntable
When it comes to buying high-end audio equipment, most people tend to stick to mainstream brands. But what if you’re looking for something a little more unique that will set you apart from the crowd? The U-Turn Audio-Orbit Special Turntable is the best if you’re looking for a safe bet.
This turntable is made from high-quality materials and features a sleek design that will turn heads. Plus, it boasts a wide range of features that will make your music-listening experience unique and special.
The U-Turn Audio-Orbit Special Turntable is made from solid wood, giving it a unique natural look and feel compared to other turntables on the market. Additionally, its solid wood construction plus the external belt drive minimize distortion and vibration to produce high-quality sound.
Having picked the turntable that will add a unique and stylish element to your home entertainment system, it’s essential to take proper care of it. In the next section, I’ll discuss how to take care of your turntable and keep it in good condition so that you can enjoy it for years to come.
How To Take Care of Your Wooden Turntable
As a music lover, you know that vinyl records are making a comeback. And if you’re a vinyl lover looking to add this retro style of music to your collection, a wooden record player or turntable is the perfect way to do it. But how do you take care of your wooden vinyl player?
Here are some tips to help keep your turntable in top condition:
- Clean your turntable regularly. Vinyl lovers know how crucial it’s to maintain their turntables. But while regular cleaning is a good idea, it’s also important to remember that dust will get in there, and over time, it can build up and cause problems. To avoid this, try to clean your turntable as often as possible with a microfibre cloth. Moreover, when playing records, keep the lid closed to minimize the dust that gets in.
- Clean your vinyl records. Keep your hands off of records. Touch only the edges and center. The grease and dirt on your hands can damage the grooves and lower sound quality. You can remove dirt from the vinyl using a brush or wiping with an anti-static solution. Many record cleaning solutions are available both in stores and online. Always read the instructions, as some can damage vinyl if not used properly.
- Take care of the stylus. To keep your turntable sounding its best, clean the stylus after each use if possible. Clean the needle from back to front using a stylus brush because brushing from side to side can damage it. Even though the stylus tip is diamond, one of the hardest substances, it will deteriorate over time. Replace the stylus if you notice it’s worn down to prevent damage to the grooves on the record.
In case you’re looking for something that provides both style and functionality, then a wooden turntable might be right up your alley. These turntables add a lot of aesthetic appeal to any room and are often very unique in their designs. They also come in various sizes and shapes to fit any space you might have. A wooden turntable can be a perfect addition to your home entertainment setup.
Playing vinyl on a wooden turntable goes beyond playing music; it’s creating an auditory experience that takes you back to the golden age of music in a unique way.
VacationVinyl.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. We also participate in other affiliate programs which compensate us for referring traffic.